Monday 29 April 2013

A Complete Cushion

This weekend, I finally managed to finish a project!! I'm always so busy with work, projects seem to last forever these days, which is not good for an impatient person like me!
 
 
 
I started this hand appliqued, hand quilted cushion back in February. I love applique and hand quilting, but it was the putting it together and the piping which stressed me out this weekend. It was very fiddly!
 
The pattern is from the lovely Sandra at Plain Navy who designed it herself as part of her 'Best in Show' quilt. Although my dog is a different breed, I love daschunds and this design is fab. He looks right at home on my Laura Ashley easy chair.  
 
 
Now that I've finished one project, I MUST finish another before I begin something new!
 
Thanks for reading.
Rachel x
 

3 comments:

  1. OMG,RachelIt's amazing.You have such talent.I meant to say in my note that I nearly stole the gorgeous patchwork cushion in your classroom lol! I know how you feel I have so many unfinished symphonies due to lack of time.Snatched moments aren't the same as I like to get really absorbed in my projects.Have put you on my list but cant find the follower button on your blog??? Enjoy your weekend Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats gorgeous.....Well done!!
    Love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this awesome doxie pillow! What a beautiful job you did!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete