Sunday 13 October 2013

Beauty in Bulgaria

I have spent this week in a small town named Velingrad, in Bulgaria. The week was part of an educational project, linking a range of school across Europe.
It was a shock to me to find a country so poor and lacking in amenities close in proximity to Britain. It is humbling to return home and realise how lucky we are to live in a successful country where the children in our schools have a good time and are well resourced.
Even though the country was poor and infrastructure was shabby, I believe beauty can be found everywhere and I managed to find some to share with you.
 
 

 
 
 

 

 
The week in Bulgaria had difficulties, but I have returned feeling thankful for the life I lead, the culture I experienced and the people I met and formed friendships with while I was away.  
 
I am looking forward to seeing the next country I will visit, wherever that may be.
 
Thanks for reading.
Rachel xx
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photographs and sometimes it is good for us to get outside our comfort zone!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete