Saturday, 28 December 2013

Home Accessories

The past month or so has seen me add a few really nice finishing touches to my home. Although I've been in my house a few years now, I am still loving adding bits and pieces that I pick up on my travels. I absolutely LOVE finding individual things that I know not many people will have.
 
The first couple are things I picked up at the Country Living Christmas fair in Harrogate.
 
 
I got this from Marna at Little A Designs whose work I have admired for a long time. I recently had my bedroom decorated in sunny shades of yellow and I thought this would go brilliantly. It's a beautfilly painted yellow embroidery hoop filled with vintage linen and then embellished by Marna with writing, fabric, pearls and buttons. Gorgeous.

 
I admit this little guy will not be to everyone's taste, but this is my new stuffed, wall-mounted reindeer head from Indigo and Rose.

 
Last, but not least, is a plate my parents brought back from Anthropologie in New York. I love Anthropologie, but there isn't one locally so when my Mum and Dad said they were going to New York, I asked them to bring me something back.
This plate is beautiful. It has a slight Aboriginal feel to it and looks hand painted. I decided to wall mount it and put it next to my very amateur hand painted plate I did at one of those pottery places. It looks great and I can't stop looking at it.
 
Anyone else bought nice home accessories recently?
 
Thanks for reading.
Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment